Freelancing to me is the best job in the world. It is giving you so much freedom and flexibility to live the life you wanted to be. You will be able to enjoy a lot of things and perks that you wouldn't normally get in a regular job that needs to work for 9 hours a day.
1. You are your own boss. No one can command you, your success depends on how hard you work. You can have your own timing and game plan. There is no one around to tell you what to do. You are the leader and the follower. You can dictate the pace and the outline of your project. The success of a project purely depends on you.
2. You can learn a lot of skills. No one is there to train you unlike in companies who have trainers for the newbies, the result is you are forced to learn skills on your own. You will be able to explore more and learn new things because in the world of freelancing, having a lot of knowledge will make you very successful.
3. You can earn as much as you want. The earnings is not fixed so you can earn as much as you want depending on how hard you work and how many projects you can get within a period of time. Your earnings depends on your style and technique to earn more.
4. You hold your own time. You can work anytime you want, for as long as you can finish the work... you will be fine. You can set your own schedule, whatever is comfortable to you. You can work for 2 hours today and 14 hours tomorrow. You can finish your project even if you don't have a consistent schedule for as long as you are really committed to finishing it. A lot of people complains about the lack of time that is why they can't do some other things, if you are a freelancer and you are responsible... you can do a lot of things. You can have more time for your family, friends and hobbies.
5. You can have a day off anytime you want. Unlike in companies where your sick leave and vacation leave has to be approved first before you can use it... if you are a freelancer you can take a day off anytime you want especially if you have some important events that you need to attend. You can even stop working even if you only have a slight fever. You can have a vacation anytime you want, you can go to Bangladesh anytime you want or to any other places to unwind and breathe some fresh air, for as long as you still have a lot of time finishing your project after you come back.
6. You can choose any job you want. Designing, programming, writing, photography, name it and you can have any job in freelancing that you would love to do. You have the freedom to choose what to do, just develop the basic skill and find clients then you are ready to go. You will have a lot of fun because you are doing what you love the most.
7. You will meet a lot of people. If you are a sociable person then freelancing is the right job for you. Jobs such as wedding coordinator, videography, catering, photography or any other jobs that requires meeting and coordination will make you meet a lot of people. You will have a lot of connections that will be very useful for more future jobs. You will make friends, you will learn a lot about business.
8. You can avoid traffic. This only applies if you are working at home, any jobs that you can do at home is a dream job because you no longer have to face the stress of traffic and pollution, you are very safe at home and you can even watch TV while working. All you need is a PC and internet then you are good to go.
9. You can leave the job if the client is mean. In companies, if your boss is mean... you will still think if you can leave the company or not especially if you're not that skilled or you are too scared to look for another job. If you're a freelancer, you can leave a mean client and keep him guessing if you will still do the job or not. You can bring back the pain to him, you can toy him especially if he is very disrespectful towards you.
10. You can sleep all day. In companies, if your boss caught you sleeping in your table.. he will hit you with a hard folder or humiliate you infront of the other employees. If you are a freelancer, you can sleep all day long granted that you already finished your job.
11. You can work less. You can work less and still get paid good. You can only work for 3-4 hours and still get a good money. If you are working at the office, even if the job for the day is finished, you still need to stay at the office until your shift ends. It sucks because a lot of time has been wasted. You can still do a lot of things with those wasted time if you are a freelancer.
FOR MORE UPDATES AND OTHER POSTS THAT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE:
Follow us on Instagram:
Follow us on facebook:
Follow us on twitter:
Follow us on Pinterest:
Thank you for supporting the RUGGED BREED!